Get on the path to results today.
J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2002
M.S., Computer Science, The City College Grove School of Engineering
B.A., Rhetoric, University of California, Berkeley
Bridgette Ahn focuses her practice on intellectual property and technology law. Previously, Bridgette practiced intellectual property law, with an emphasis on patent litigation, at Chambers ranked law firms, including Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP. She has extensive experience representing technology and pharmaceutical companies with respect to their product lines. Ms. Ahn’s broad based experience includes matters involving intellectual property licensing, prosecution, enforcement, defense, and opinion work. She also provides legal advice pertaining to enterprise content management, electronic discovery, and privacy law. Additional experience includes representing start-up companies with respect to their intellectual property, formation, employment and compensation, and basic financing issues.
In litigation matters, she has represented clients in complex commercial litigations through trial and in appellate court proceedings in various state and federal district courts, the United States International Trade Commission, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Ms. Ahn also has experience handling legal matters involving complex transactions, with an emphasis on computer law, pharmaceutical products, financing agreements, securities issuance, leasing, outsourcing, negotiations/mediations, high technology transfer transactions, joint venture/development agreements, and intellectual property issues involving trademark, patent, copyright, and trade secret law.
Ms. Ahn’s scientific background includes pre-med training at U.C. Berkeley and graduate studies in Computer Science at the Grove School of Engineering. Her technical expertise includes, but is not limited to the following: experience programming in several computer programming languages, as well as the creation of a machine language based software for compressing and decompressing files, a database for managing a securities portfolio, and a pattern recognition software for recognizing handwriting.
Accordingly, her legal matters have involved pharmaceutical drug products, three-dimensional imaging devices in the medical, orthodontic, and electrical arts, semiconductor devices, software applications, global positioning systems technologies, database management systems, e-Commerce and internet based applications, computer networking systems, computer memory systems, financial and business method patents, and telecommunications devices.
Ms. Ahn was also a law clerk to Judge Mark M. Russello of the Bergen County Justice Center, and a judicial intern to Judge Harold Baer, Jr. of the Southern District of New York and Chief Judge Edward J. Damich of the United States Court of Federal Claims. As a trained mediator for the State of New Jersey, Ms. Ahn has also mediated a number of civil cases to settlement.
Some of Ms. Ahn’s prior pro bono engagements include the following: assisting the ACLU in federal court litigation and working as a Special Assistant District Attorney for the New York County District Attorney’s Office and the King’s County District Attorney’s Office.
● Co-author, “Legislation Proposes Pilot Program toward Development of Specialized District Court Judges,” New York Law Journal (2006).
● Co-author, “Pre-Filing Investigations Under Rule 11,” Practising Law Institute (2007).
● Co-author, “Defending Against Allegations of Willful Infringement and the Pitfalls of Producing an Opinion of Counsel,” Practising Law Institute (2007).
● Co-Author, “Precedent-Setting Decision for Open Source Licensing,” Legal Alert (2008).
● Co-Author, “Federal Circuit resolves challenges to USPTO patent prosecution rules,” Intellectual Asset Management 2009).
● Co-author, “Pension Committee and the Importance of Custodian Interviews,” Legal Alert (2010)
● Speaker, “Enterprise Content Management,” State Bank Financial Education Seminars (2010).
● Co-Author, “Popularity of Cloud Computing Demands Shift in Best Practices,” DRI Today (2011) (Featured Article).
● Co-Author, “Sound Document Management Practices and E-Privacy Breach Insurance: Avoiding the Siren Song of the Digital Age,” DRI Today (2011).
● Speaker, “Computer Assisted Review, Post – Da Silva,” East Coast Association of Litigation Support Managers (2012).
Bar and Court Admissions
● New York
● U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit; United States District Court, Southern District of New York; United States District Court, Northern District of New York
● Past President, Korean American Lawyers Association of Greater New York
● Past President, Network of Bar Leaders
● Past Vice-President for Membership, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
● Member, New York City Bar Association
● Member, New York State Bar Association
● Intellectual Property and Commercial Litigation
● Licensing and Transactions
● Intellectual Property Portfolio Management
● Life Sciences
● Electronic Discovery
● Technology and Cloud Computing
● Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals
● E-commerce and Information Technology
● Electrical and Computers
● Fashion and Beauty
● Mechanical Products and Processes
Copyright © 2021 Law Office of Bridgette Y. Ahn, PLLC - All Rights Reserved.
Attorney Advertising - Some of the content on this site is considered Attorney Advertising under the applicable rules of certain states. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.